Open Monument Day
The exhibition house of JSC Düsseldorf was built in 1907 as a four-storey factory building for Die Bühne GmbH and acquired by the collector Julia Stoschek in 2005. The Berlin architectural office Kuehn Malvezzi was responsible for the conversion into an exhibition house. After several years of standstill, the factory building found a completely new purpose in 2007 as a cultural venue and private exhibition house for contemporary art.
The Open Monument Day offers the opportunity to learn more about this early example of modern industrial architecture and its transformation into a private collection and exhibition house for contemporary art. In addition to visit the architecture and the current exhibitions, special architectural guided-tours and a video screening with works from the collection, which deals with the subject of architecture in the broadest sense, are offered. Admission is free.